If you find squatters in a property, here is the process that must be followed:
- Submit this form, which will generate the Squatters in Property process in LeadSimple. The following steps are all completed on the process.
- A notice to vacate will be sent to the squatters by certified mail. This is required in order to show the court that we tried to get the squatters to leave.
- The leasing agent will check a week later to see if the squatters are still there.
- If still there, an eviction will be filed.
- The leasing agent will get tasks every 7-14 days in LeadSimple to go back by the property and see if the squatters are still there while the eviction is processed.
- The squatters will either vacate voluntarily, or they will be removed through the eviction process.
- The property owner will get automated updates throughout the process.