Skip to main content


What do I do when an owner needs to change their 1099?

When an owner contacts us to make changes to a 1099 that has already been issued, we will have to contact the company that processes 1099s for us to get the changes made. That company is Smart Business Consultants. Our primary point of contact is Jessica Minor, and her email is Send her any requests for changes, and she'll assist with that.

NOTE: If an owner is asking us to change the income to the "net" rent instead of the "gross" rent received, this is not something we can do. The IRS requires us to report the gross rent, not the net. The owner is responsible for deducting any expenses on their taxes rather than pre-deducting it from the reported income on the 1099.